Thursday, February 21, 2013

Things are looking up!

With the housing market returning the home remodeling industry is starting to show signs of growth. We came across this great article in the Northwest Indiana Times that gives some great insights on what to expect in the coming year. Definitely a must read for anyone in or interested in the industry. Check out the brief below and click here to read the entire article?

Courtesy of Elaine Griffin Design
Most remodeling experts say that upgrading kitchens and baths
provide big returns. According to the last report
from remodelormove.com, bathrooms tied with kitchens
for the room most home remodelers plan to improve this year.
At Home: Remodeling — On the right side of the statistics, for once.

Generally speaking, I am not a numbers person. That is, I only like statistics when they support what I want to believe: Weight down, bank account up. If they don’t, I pretty much stick a finger in each ear, squeeze my eyes closed, and make insect noises.

Thus, for the last four years, I have avoided any real estate news. Hearing the data about how house poor we all were just made me want to dive head first down the garbage disposal.

And that is not becoming.

But this week, as I heard promising rumblings about the home remodeling and sales market, I perked up. I cracked open one eye. Pulled my finger out of one ear, and darn if I didn’t find … now hold onto yourselves … good news.

Reports are showing that the housing market is coming ever-so-slowly back from a four-year coma, and it’s bringing the remodeling market along with it.

Builder confidence is the highest it’s been in 6.5 years, according to the National Association of Home Builders/Wells Fargo survey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics