Thursday, November 11, 2010

Franchisee Profile: Doug Coyle, Owner of House Doctors Andover, MA

Location: Andover, MA

Q: Before franchising with House Doctors, what were you involved with?
A: Before getting involved with House Doctors, I worked as a sales manager at an auto dealership. After twenty years in the car business, I got a little tired of it and started looking for an opportunity to own my own business. I had experience in the franchising industry from owning a Ski-Doo Snowmobile franchise, so I decided to start looking for a new venture there.

Q: What attracted you to House Doctors?
A: Not many people have a service like House Doctor, but it’s one I think a lot of people need. House Doctors’ highly professional approach to handyman service is uncommon in the industry and made it stand out as a brand. Being on time or communicating with clients when that’s not possible, those small things done right build a very professional image.

Q: Why was House Doctors the right business opportunity for you?
A: House Doctors provided a prefabricated business venture that was exactly what I was looking for. The members from corporate I met with were very down to earth and willing to work with you. That, in addition to reasonable franchising fees and royalties, made House Doctors very attractive.

Q: How do you connect with the local community?
A: I’m a member of the local chamber of commerce. I also sponsor high school silent auctions and sports teams. Most of my business comes from young parents, so I try to help out with community events benefiting kids.

Q: What are some of your recent accomplishments?
A: Last year our location was named one of the top 10 House Doctors franchises in the nation. This year is set to be our best yet for sales.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics